Sunday 8 April 2012

Sketchbook Blog



It's been a long while since I bothered with my other Blog  'Bridget Hunter's Sketchbooks' ,  about a year probably, since most of my sketches are really done as resources for paintings and full of scribbles and notes or studies. But I've been a bit inspired lately by some of the wonderful Sketching Blogs around and how the sketches are finished works in themselves.
So I've decided to have a go again at proper -grown- up- sketching for the pure pleasure of drawing, and posting these more often should the results be 'blogworthy' !

Hence, a new blog banner.
I'd like to have a new more interesting blog title but at the moment I just can't think of anything. Any ideas welcome !!!

Sketching Kit

Acrylic Sketching at Ardnamurchan





9 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget. I love your new banner! Thanks for the peek into your sketchbooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for being here Carole. Glad you like the banner.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't worry about changing that banner - I love it. There is a delicious colour and suggestion which works so well. In fact, they have made me a bit hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for visiting and taking the time to comment. It's great to have feedback from other bloggers.

      Delete
  3. Sketchbooks are so very important in the life of an artist. It's so easy to let them go when one is especially eager to throw paint! You're an inspiration for me to pull out my sketchbook again. It's like practicing scales in music that sometimes leads to some exciting stuff, don't you think?

    I like that your blog is titled with your name. Straightforward. Direct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melinda.I've been trying to do scales on my old piano again - used to study music a long long time ago - because the fingers stiffen up don't they !! Though don't know if that will lead to exciting stuff :>)))))
    But, I'm also excited at the thought of using a pencil to markmake and thinking of twigs and pens too. Now all I need is some dry weather LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The word 'sketchbook' always makes me perk up with interest and delighted anticipation so what better name for a blog?! :) I've just subscribed through Google Reader so I'm looking forward to your sketching adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right - the name stays ! But now I feel I'd better get sketching - been subscribed to - a bit of pressure there Robyn ! Maybe what I need though :>))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of a sketchbook blog, Bridget! There is definitely something fresh and unlabored about sketches -- will be following your sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...