Monday 10 May 2010

Three Red Onions.


Oil 12 x 12"
Bridget Hunter 2009

I always want to paint if I see colours that sing. Red onions have that effect - all the purples, reds, oranges and blues, from the cool light reflecting. And garlic has so many subtle shades that make them exciting too. I wasn't sure how to arrange the shapes but as I love this old plate because of the blue I thought I'd try. Then it was all circular shapes so added a square white napkin to contrast. I think it works, at least I hope it does. But I enjoyed the process and the challenges it gave me. But photo is again a problem as I can see a bit of me in it!        
Sold

1 comment:

  1. I posted a comment a few days ago but I think it's been lost. I just love this, who'd have thought the strong red onions would be set off by a lilac like that. I'd never have thought to put the two together but they really sing. I also love the placemat echoing the shape of the canves. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...