Thursday 13 May 2010

The Painted Chair


Oil on canvas     12 x 12"
Bridget Hunter 2009

We bought this old Loyd Loom chair at auction for £2 many years ago. I've always loved its shape and its now in my workroom, a place to sit and stare my paintings into miraculously working!! I used anything I could find - brushends, fingers included - to try to capture the texture. The magenta velvet cushion was a great colour to work with but felt it needed something else. Added some lemons hoping that being the opposite of purple they would add a zing. Its given me ideas for further paintings of bits of furniture that live with me. There's my grandmother's piano. Now that would be a challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous works of art. The three onions are great and the idea is so creative, I equally noticed the 3 whole garlic heads.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bridget. Your painting reminded me of a rocking chair I bought from Oxfam when I was a Student, many moons ago! I paid $2 for it. I love your chair painting and it makes me want to paint mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely chair for a workroom and perfect for that staring business all of us (artists) must sit through. There is such a solitary feeling with the background and the chair...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft colors in these two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your color palette, which is evident throughout the landscapes too - Love your interpretation of form too -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for all the encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...