Friday 13 August 2010

Landscape in Burgundy with vines.



Oil on board  30 x 24"
Bridget Hunter 2010

The exhibition opening on Saturday looms closer and I want to take all my works back and try again!
I think of Van Gogh saying  "Just dash something down if you see a blank canvas staring at you with a certain imbecility. You don't know how paralyzing it is, that staring of a blank canvas which says to the painter : you don't know anything." That's what it felt like knowing I needed all these paintings by a certain date- dashing it down. This work was framed while still damp ! But luckily its a Scottish habit to frame under glass .

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Bridget...I love the colors you used here...you have such an ease with which you push the paints around..
    ronelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...