Tuesday 4 January 2011

November Snow at Borrowdale


November Snow at Borrowdale

Oil on canvas  28x24"
Bridget Hunter 2010


I've mentioned before the wonderful art course I was on at Borrowdale, the lake District with tutors Jenny Wheatley and Mike Chapman - snow, rain, gales, excellent deomonstrations, great teaching and good company. I did many sketches and used one as a resource for this painting recently finished.  I've tried to capture the atmosphere and brilliant  Autumn colours to give a sense of place at that particular time.  It was freezing !

3 comments:

  1. a truly beautiful, beautiful painting!! It really says Autumn!
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful brushwork, loose and juicy! I envy your workshop with Mike Chapman; have seen bits of his DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one - does have a wild feel of Joan Eardley whose work I love too, also Barbara Rae and Hitchins.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...